Parent Strategy Session
College admissions has changed dramatically over the past few decades. Parents who applied to college in the 70s, 80s or 90s often wonder how best to guide their child through the current college admissions terrain. The goal of the Parent Strategy Session is to provide parents with a strong overall understanding of exactly what their role should be as their child prepares to apply to college.
One of our most popular events in recent years has been our “Coffee Chat,” a live group counseling session for parents only, held at our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California. During these Coffee Chats—each run by an experienced college admissions counselor—parents ask general questions about the college admissions process.
Our online Parent Strategy Session is much like our Coffee Chat, with one key difference: it’s a private, one-on-one session. Each parent has our counselor’s undivided attention for up to an hour. This means that questions can be specific, and that the answers will be directly applicable to your child.
Our counselor will provide you with an individualized timeline that will enable you to anticipate and prepare for every step of the process, and will work to help your family survive this stressful time with as little friction as possible.
Here's how our process works:
- You purchase the session.
- After paying, you will receive a receipt via email. This email also contains instructions and links to a few documents and forms we need you to fill out to help us prepare for your session.
- You submit all required information at least 24 hours before the start time of your session appointment.
- Prior to meeting with you, our counselor reviews your information and prepares for your session.
- At the appointed time, you log on using your preferred communication method (Skype, FaceTime, or telephone).
- Our counselor connects with you, and your session begins.