College Visits Planning Session
In this private online session, a Collegica counselor will help you create a realistic plan for college visits, and help you decide which colleges on your list should be prioritized.
Visiting prospective colleges is important for two reasons. First, it gives you a chance to envision yourself as a student at a particular college or university: walking around campus, observing student life, and picturing yourself in its classrooms. Second, many colleges will view your visit as an indication of your level of interest in their school, and will take that into account as they make their admissions decisions.
If you haven’t reached the college list-building phase yet, but are planning to travel to a certain region, we’ll work with you to develop a list of schools to visit. We’ll help you determine what time of year is best for visiting colleges, and we’ll discuss the steps you should take to plan each visit, how you can maximize your time on campus, and what you should do after the visit.
Here's how our process works:
- You purchase the session.
- After paying, you will receive a receipt via email. This email also contains instructions and links to a few documents and forms we need you to fill out to help us prepare for your session.
- You submit all required information at least 24 hours before the start time of your session appointment.
- Prior to meeting with you, our counselor reviews your information and prepares for your session.
- At the appointed time, you log on using your preferred communication method (Skype, FaceTime, or telephone).
- Our counselor connects with you, and your session begins.